On March 23rd, as you head to Stark Brewing for the best Manchester drinks, we’d like to remind you of something very important. It’s National Puppy Day! If you’re at all familiar with our brand, you know just how much we adore dogs! So much so that our entire brand was built on Peter’s love for shepherds!
The Stark brand.
Did you know that the Stark logo is designed after Peter’s first shepherd Tasha? As an inspiration, Tasha’s Red Pale Ale quickly became a staple to Stark Brewing Company. From there, every label and product name followed suit. From Millie’s Oatmeal Stout to Bo’s Scotch Ale, there is no shortage of pups around these parts!
Fun facts about shepherds.
Being National Puppy Day and all, it’s only appropriate that we throw in a little puppy trivia. And, of course, we love our shepherds, so here you go! Five fun facts about the German Shepherd. You’re welcome.
- Shepherds have excellent sniffers. If you’ve ever owned one, you probably already know this as they like to leave behind nose marks wherever they go!
- Their strong noses were once put to work on the fields as some of the best herding dogs.
- German Shepherds have been ranked among the highest for intelligent breeds. These quick learners prove useful as they seek to please those around them.
- Your shepherd loves you just as much as you love him. So much so, you may find yourself constantly tripping over your pup as they never leave your side.
- There’s no such thing as a lazy day. So, if you’re looking for a lump on a log, you’ll want to look elsewhere. Shepherds are active and require daily workouts!
One of the easiest ways to show your pup off is heading over to social media! Post your favorite pic, and be sure to tag your photo with #NationalPuppyDay!
However, this day is also to show your pup how much you love them (more than every other day)! Pick them up a special treat, get outside for an extra long walk or some time in the park, and (of course) set aside lots of cuddle time for later in the night!
At Stark Brewing, we do more than provide Manchester with the best drinks around – we give back to the community as well. Because of our love for animals, we’re proud to support foundations like Paw of Peace and The Animal Rescue League in Bedford!
Be sure to stop by and visit us on March 23rd, National Puppy Day!